It's the future, Jim, but not as we know it...

There's more to tomorrow than robots, flying cars, and a faster internet.
22C+ is all about Deep Futures, futures that matter. Welcome to futures fantastic, unexpected, profound, but most of all deeply meaningful...

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Whatever happened to that book you mentioned, Marcus...?

Over the past few months I've mentioned a few projects I've been doing. For those who are interested, here's an update. Basically, I will probably blog less for an indefinite period, and focus more on practical workshop-type training, mostly in China and Asia. I am definitely open to working outside of Asia, so if you and enough others in your region are interested in the practical side of what I write, feel free to email me. We may be able to arrange some talks or workshops in your part of the world.

Light

This is a semi-autobiographical online novel about a young man who experiences a mystical awakening while at University. Much of the story is true. Some parts are fictional.. The essential difference between Greg Marks (the main character) and myself is that I have speeded up 20 years of personal insight and packed it into a much shorter time frame.The book is basically a how-to-wake-up guide, but in the guise of a novel. It details the joys and pitfalls of seeking mystical knowledge, and I hope it will help people learn from my own experiences, including my mistakes. I must say I really love writing the novel. It's great fun.

Update: As you will note if you regularly check out my blog, I am adding several chapters to the book each week. In the end there will probably be around 80-100 chapters. It should take about 3-4 months to finish the novel, but I can't be sure. Shortly there will be a web site where the chapters can be read. After completing the novel, I will then re-edit it to make sure of consistency and general flow. There will definitely be a hard copy available, either self-published, or via  mainstream publisher if all works out well.

Urban Enlightenment

 A 50 page booklet which features a 30 day self-discovery programme. The focus of the 30 activities is to bring the mind into greater presence during everyday activities in the city. For example, the Subway Enlightenment exercise is  mini-meditation which can be done on public transport . It brings the mind into peace and acceptance even amid the often impersonal and crowded spaces we travel each day. With that presence comes a greater peace and happiness. 

Update: Since the whole idea was rejected without explanation by the Love Ideas, Love Hong Kong campaign (organised by HK billionaire Li Ka Sing), I am going ahead with publishing and distributing the book myself. I will first create a Hong Kong version, and if it is well received i will also do a more general version which can be used in any city. Actually, the Hong Kong Urban Enlightenment booklet can be used anywhere too. It just  makes a few specific reference to Hong Kong. I hope the book will sell for around HK$50 (about US$7). There will also be an e-book, and a web site. To date I have not told my agent about this book, nor tried to contact publishers.


The Professor's Other Brain

This book details intuitive tools and processes that researchers can use to create a passionate and meaningful experience of conducting research. There are 5 main tools. The books contains excerpts from my Study Diary, which help to explain the processes from a first-hand experience. The book is suitable for anyone doing formal or informal research, such as doctoral and masters students, those writing non-fiction books, or writing articles for the broader media.

Update: I've been meaning to finish this book for ages. It is basically half done. Once Light and Urban Enlightenment are completed, I will have more time for this book. A possible publication date will be ahe end of the year.The book will be about 120-150 pages.

To date I have not told my agent about this book, nor tried to contact publishers.


The Power of Intuition: Intuition for Business (a bad running title)

This book details how to use Integrated Intelligence in business and work-related circumstances. The purpose is to bring greater awareness to those in the corporate world that they are connected to a greater stream of awareness than most realise, and that there are other ways of knowing which can be employed in decision making.

Update: I haven't done much work on this one. However, I will be delivering some workshops in Beijing and Shenzhen (South China) in July, so I will produce a small booklet for this purpose, and this will contain the essence of the later book. That booklet will have both English and Chinese (simplified) versions.

If I have forgotten anything, please mention it!

Blessings,

Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment